Tuesday 12 November 2013

DIY semi fray crop shorts!

I think that spending $30 on a pair of shorts that show half my butt is a total rip off. So off to Vinnies I went (an Australian second hand or thrift shop) and I got a sweet pair of jeans for $5! I don't need any more jeans but I do need shorts. Here I am going to show you how to create a cute pair of shorts for no more than $10.

Materials:
Fabric scissors
Fabric chalk or sharpie
Ruler
Needle and thread
Iron

 And of course your thrifted jeans! (Oh man that sounds so American!) 

Ok, ready to go? First step: measure your jeans. I went down 8cm from the crotch but I would have preferred to go 10cm. It all depends on how short you want them. Don't forget to mark them with your pen. It is best to go up from the crotch but I just went straight across. 

Now the fun part! Cut them jeans! 
Yes. I am aware they are now uneven but It doesn't really matter in the long run because when they are on it doesn't really show. 

Next! Turn on the iron, roll the jeans up once or twice and iron that baby down! 

Once you are happy with them get your needle and thread out and stitch up the inside fold to help prevent that annoying unfolding. 
Yes, I know... Very botchy. But who cares?
All that's left to do is fray it a little (it will also fray in the wash) and who would've ever thought? A new pair of shorts!!


Ta da!

I am aware that mine go down at the sides but I don't mind it to be honest, I mean, a whole $5 for an awesome new pair of shorts, who cares!

No comments:

Post a Comment